Monday, November 21, 2011

My Journey of Gratitude - Day 20

The joy of gratitude!  Yesterday I experienced my body taking over and releasing past painful events.  There was beauty and grace in that experience and I felt much lighter afterwards.  Releasing old stuff is always a good thing.

This morning's journey took me on a very different path--the path of joy in living.  Because my childhood was full of chaos and pain, my focus for years was healing and creating a fresh start, and so I did.

What I often forget along the way--I think we all often forget--is that joy, love and fun are also part of living.

Flashes of happy times flowed through me, increasing and deepening my sense of gratitude and unleashing the joy that had been forgotten.  The years and events flew by like watching a movie in fast forward as I remembered the good times and the people who loved and supported me.

The memory of joy that stood out the brightest was holding my first born daughter in my arms.  I was a teenage mom and there had been plenty of drama around that.  But when I looked at her and she looked at me all that faded away.  For the first time in my life I knew what it felt like to truly love another without reservation.  Until that moment I had no idea that I was capable of such love.

My memories then flowed to the birth of my 3 other babies and how each time I wasn't sure I could be any more open to love, blessings and joy--I was.

Life has a way of getting in the way of gratitude and love if we stop paying attention.  To have this experience today--to feel joy released and to remember how truly blessed I am is wonderful.  It is a good reminder that the good and the difficult all exist around me and it is my focus that determines my experience and my reality now.

Today I am grateful for the journey of my life.  A corner has been turned on this 20th day of gratitude and a new adventure awaits.  So today my Inner Chicken and I will ride the waves of this new grand adventure, feeling blessed to be alive.

In gratitude,
Bonnie

No comments: