Thursday, September 1, 2011

Falling Out of Love with My Drama


Falling Out of Love with My Drama
I have been fortunate to study with some of the most amazing teachers over the decades, and all of them have talked about letting go of the drama in your life.
It took me awhile to truly let go of it all and learn to live in the present, to be present with my own life and with everyone in it.
I found that I took myself through several steps to get to the Freedom I desired:
Step 1- Forgiveness
In order to start the clearing out process I realized that forgiveness was the key that would open the lock to all else that was within. Even though I knew better, it was still easy to get caught up in the idea that by forgiving the person, I was approving the act. And also that forgiveness was for the other person when it is really always for us and our own inner peace. Once I got myself past those old mind-sets, it was all downhill from there – simply a process of letting go.
Step 2 – My History
How many of us are ‘married’ to our stories. It is easy to believe that if we give up our ‘story’ we will no longer be ourselves and we will never be able to rectify what has happened and create something new. The truth is, it is your stories that keep you stuck and interfere with your capacity to create the new life you want. Once you choose to create what you want instead of what you have, you have no need for what was.
Step 3 – My Future
Finally I got to the point of looking ‘forward’ even though I am aware from quantum physics that there is no time – just ask Einstein.  For me this was sort of a way station. It was a place I lived for a while until I really understood that my future is right now. It was useful in the sense that at least I had separated out from my past.
Step 4 – My Now
This is where I want to live for the duration.  Staying in the present is so much more interesting than you might ever imagine. This is where your greater capacity lives and this is where your joy resides
In the present you are always fresh, new and available to every idea, opportunity and resource that your world is offering to you.
I wouldn’t choose to live anywhere else.
Love and blessings, Katie

No comments: