Saturday, April 23, 2011

How You Do Anything is How You Do Everything

Take a look at your I Am today - in the TOC yahoo group we ask this question on the 6th of every month - this will give you a head-start. I am watching Julie & Julia again (for about the 10th time), it is running in the background while I work. Why in the world is it on my tv? Well, what I love about it is Julia Child's sense of self, her innate self-confidence, it would seem like her 'I Am' might be 'I Belong'. I Belong in the world and I go after what I want without a second thought. Another possibility of her I Am might be - 'Who Says!' Who says I can or I can't - other than myself.

As for Julie (and if you haven't seen the film - Julie started a blog about taking a year to make every single one of Julia's recipes, and making it as well as Julia would herself). Julie's journey started out quite differently than Julia's. Julie had a TON of self-doubt and misgivings and she seemed to have learned as much about having 'sense of self' as she did about cooking. It was a true Heroes Journey.

So what is YOUR I Am? Who can you honestly say you are today (and remember, this is mutable and changeable). The most meaningful and absolutely true 'I Am's' have to do with your character. No matter what you think your I Am is, your true I Am will always be linked to your character.

Bonnie and I work with people who really want to know who they are, who their I Am is, and how they find the true adventure of their lives. This blog is our way of tossing everything out to the universe - tickling the unified field and connecting with everyone on this amazing journey of the decade (and beyond).

Here's to life! Katie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Katie Lynne! Tried to sign up as a follower, and I'm listed as a "follower" but under that is the message, "There are no followers yet"...?

Dr. Katie Garnett said...

Found it -